Friday, May 1, 2009

Random Musings and Rants

Ok. Enough with the rain already!!!!

If Texas secedes from the Union, would the Texans and Cowboys have to secede from the National Football League?

Favorite new quote: "Failure is only success in finding out what doesn’t work."

People have an opinion on everything... just ask ‘em!

Why are we not driving flying cars yet?

Why am I sticking with the Padres as my favorite baseball team when I can’t name more than 2 players on the team this year? Oh yeah... because I still hate the Cubs and Cardinals!

Why am I so tired?

I like doing nothing. But doing something is more rewarding.

Friends who don’t like something, but understand why you are doing it are the best.

I find those who have to "one up" your story to be very annoying and will avoid them at all cost.

I am so proud of people who are willing to quit their current job to return to school and change the course of their lives. (Like quitting a Probation Officer job to go to law school to become a lawyer.... or something.)

My dream job would entail talking before large groups of people... I love speaking in public. My toast last week at my brother’s wedding reception was off the top of my head with little preparation. I should Utube it.

I hope the Republicans can get someone young and articulate to step up to the plate by 2012. (JC Watts?)

Some people just don’t know when to keep their mouths closed!

I really feel "stimulus-"ed. I am still loving this "change!"

2 comments:

  1. Joe, I have had a tough week. My car was totaled among other things, but reading this post was encouraging. It helped me feel better about sticking with school. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe - You're the best!!!

    And I'm with you on 2012. I love JC Watts and think he would be great!

    PS - Glad you, Amanda, and your mom enjoyed the MWS/SCC concert! Too bad you didn't get the backstage pass - I was hopin they would have come thru for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.