Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our Latest

Here's an update on how the Howertons are doing. Amanda's 6th birthday is Saturday, Luke is well into his Terrible Twos and dad is getting grayer by the month.

Despite all of my attempts, Amanda continues to grow up. I thought my cooking would surly stunt her growth, but it's not. Christy's cooking is probably helping with Amanda's growth...and mine too! I think sometimes that Amanda's growth is beyond normal human development. She looks like she is 8... but still occasionally acts like she's her real age. She continues to be well-adjusted to our circumstance. Kids are resilient.

One of the highlights of this week was seeing Amanda on Ch12's "Does It Work Wednesday" segment. They came to her class last week and taped the segment. She was interviewed along with another boy about a toy laptop. She had about 30 seconds of screen time but I firmly believe we have a star in our midst! Check out for yourself: http://www.kfvs12.com/Global/story.asp?S=11519918

Luke is still my blond bruiser. He is so physically strong and strong willed. I just can't believe how sweet and funny he can be. And I can't believe that same boy can be the complete opposite of that!

The kids enjoyed Halloween last month. Amanda was a Southern Belle and Luke was a fire fighter. I went as an over-protective parent. I really had to stretch my mind to come up with that one!

That's a quick update... more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.