Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ba Bye 2008

"Hey 2008... Yeah, I’m talking to you. Why don’t you come a little closer so I can tell you a thing or two. What? You scared? You should be.

As far as years go... you sucked. Nothing you did was right. You just put in your time, and I sure didn’t see any effort. You just laid around waiting until the end of the month. Oh, you think working one extra day in February will get you some street cred? Think again. You were a punk and will always be a punk.

Some years, like your cousin 2001, didn’t have much of a choice but to go out crying after starting off pretty well. This year? What do you have to be proud of? A crappy election that’s not even over 2 months later, a couple of wars, floods, meltdowns in all the markets around the world, I lost half my retirement like everyone else, the governor in my fine state is an arrested loon, and um... oh yeah, my best friend in the whole world died.

You have nothing to be proud of. Don’t let the door hit you where the leap year shines.

Good riddance."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.