Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Sorry, It Is The Moops

I can’t believe that it is already 2009.

I still remember doing a chalk drawing in grade school depicting what I thought it would be like in the year 2000. 2000 was 9 years ago and that Van Gogh was done around 1980 and was hung at the University Mall. That was back when THE MALL had that big round fountain. I miss that fountain - and the organ player - and the cafeteria - and the A&W Root beer store. Anyway, my picture was straight out of a scene of the Jetsons with flying bubble cars, bubbles over the buildings and bubbles over the town. I was apparently into bubbles and why in the world do I still remember that!!!

Anyway, it’s been 29 years since I did that picture and I remember it vividly. I also have been remembering Cindy in vivid ways. Every so often - sometimes at home, sometimes at work, but thankfully not at court, yet - I get a vivid picture or memory of Cindy. Some of the memories are of her just prior to her death. Some of them are of her at home with her "big girl". Some of them are of when she was sitting on the edge of the bed for hours - just sitting because nothing else felt any better. I even had a flashback of me changing the gauze around her renal catheter that was sticking out of her back. She liked the way I changed it much better than the nurses because, like with a Christmas present, I used a lot of tape. It’s kinda weird. I covered that gauze with plastic so she could shower and changed that gauze every day on my lunch hour for nearly 3 months but I only remembered it yesterday for the first time in 2 months.


Some vivid memories are better than others. I hope I can remember those good ones 29 years later. Maybe if we had blown more bubbles.


(Title is a reference to Seinfeld's Bubble Boy episode.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.