Wednesday, March 25, 2009

FORE!!!!!!

Tomorrow... Thursday.... March 26th, 2009.... I am no longer "Joe". From that day forward, I will be "Joe - the golfer".

I know, it's really no big deal. A lot of people golf. A lot of people chase a little white ball around a big green pasture with trees and sand and call it golf. I am now a "golfer".

I don't know if I will be any good. I can hold my own on most miniature golf courses.... but I hear that real golf is a little different. Give me a giant windmill to navigate and I am good. How much harder can real golf be???

Anyway, I have some clubs, six lessons coming, a bag, some shorts, a little rusty athletic ability, and the motivation to be good enough to not embarrass myself by August.

You might want to stay clear of the giant swinging pencil, though. And if anyone asks - I am doing it for the "excercise"!

2 comments:

  1. I hope that you will provide an update on your new hobby. Michelle and I golfed once--we had a hard time following the 12 or 7 putt schedule. We started out at one but ended at different points. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did Terri talk you into this? Hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.