Monday, September 28, 2009

Counting Pins

Things are going well for the Howertons. Michigan has won 3 straight. The Salukis are playing well. None of the kids are currently sick. I am doing well at work (thanks to an intern doing my job!)

Recently my computer experienced what I would call "playing dead". That is the geeky term I am going to use. It was as dead as dead gets. After consulting my on-call computer dude, we determined it was a power supply issue. I bought the necessary $50 part at Best Buy and installed it myself. And it didn't work. It was still "dead". I contacted another computer geek and he asked if I had changed the 24-pin to a 20-pin. Of course I did... ok, no I didn't. I didn't count the pins. I only count pins in bowling but apparently my "old" computer needed the 20-pin connection. I happened to remember there was a 24-pin to 20-pin adapter-thingy in the package. And so I changed the pins and placed the 20 pin adapter-thingy back into the bowels of the computer. And to my amazement - it was still dead.

I scratched my head. I recounted pins. I re-plugged the power cord into the outlet. I pressed "on" and.... dead. Oh great! Two weeks without a computer and now something is really wrong and it's going to get expensive to fix and I am going to have to get a new computer and I will have to transfer all these programs and pictures over and it won't work with these older programs and my email is all set up the way I like it with the addresses and everything and I really don't like to change things....

Oh, wait! There's a little switch on the back of the box I just installed. It says, "ON". Maybe that's the problem?

IT's ALIVE!!!!

Maybe my computer heard I was looking at buying a laptop and got its feelings hurt. Maybe my computer is jealous from all the attention I am giving those shiny new laptops at the store. Either way, she should be ok.... I will always love her. She was my first lovel!!

After all, we will always have Madden 2007 and Zoo Tycoon!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.