Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ranting is Cheaper Than Therapy!

I am finally sensing that I am part of a growing and increasingly more disgruntled contingency of Americans. I have never been to a tea party, however, I do drink a lot of Tetley sweet tea. I think those who went to town hall meetings were more like me than not and in many cases were not "organized" beyond being told where the town halls were and what time they started. I also think those who showed up with guns are bigger idiots than the congressmen whose meetings there were protesting.

I know the Democrats have been bussing in "protesters" for many years and received a free pass from the media in every one of those situations.

I am not a 9/11 conspiracy wacko or a member of the fringe "religious right". I do, however, attend church every Sunday, pray, believe abortion is wrong and school prayer is right, personal responsibility should guide, the Golden Rule solves a lot, and there is way too much federal government involvement in way to much of our lives and we are losing ground every day.

I think ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC, etc. don't understand what real life is like for 75% of Americans and what we value as truly important. They also don't understand why we are mad. They also think everyone is Catholic...or a snake handler.

I fear the Dollar will be completely worthless within the next 10 years, if not sooner. How many Euros will it take for a Value Meal from McDonalds?

I also don't believe that a few degrees of "recent"climate change should cause alarm or trigger changes in the lives of hundreds of millions of people when there are billions of others who pollute more in total and whose government is not reducing any of the so-called "causes". Exactly how much "green house gasses" do volcanos spew, or are humans responsible for them too? (I guess the original "Cap and Trade" didn't work!)

I think reality TV glamorizes immoral and/or moronic behavior. What other explanation is there for Flavor of Love or Rock of Love. (American Idol probably doesn't after week 2 - but is there really a redeeming quality for it the other weeks either?)

I can't think of another industry where Barney Frank would be considered successful. Or even a respected employee.

I think Barak was not listening during his Inauguration when they said "of the United States of America".

Football is my new favorite sport. (This will come as a HUGE shock for those of you who really know me or have known me since I was younger. Thanks Bud Selig!)

What happened to the initiative to have Hydo-cars on the road by 2015?

My job would be more fun if we had a self-serve, ice-cream machine!

I wish Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would stop calling themselves Reverends.

And finally, I think punishment by the courts (in nearly all cases) should be much more swiftly carried out than how the current system is set up.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine. We can all have our opinions. It's still America....for now at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.