Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's Just A Little Complicated

You make one small change to your Facebook profile and everyone notices.

I changed my status from "single" to "complicated". I am not even sure I had put "single" initially - I might have left it blank. Well, the other night my connection was a little faster than usual so I took the added speed and decided to update my profile on Facebook. (Mom, I will explain what Facebook is the next time I talk to you.)

I think I started to make it "single" but decided that wasn’t exactly true. I then looked for "Widowed" but that wasn’t a choice. I then saw they had a choice of "complicated". Now that seemed to fit in so many areas. You see, I am technically single. I am, however, not single. Single in my book means unattached in either a legal or emotional way. Yes, legally I am single. Emotionally, not so much. That struggle seems to make "complicated" a very good choice. Of course that doesn’t even take into account the feelings that are bubbling up that remind me that I must (at some point) move my life forward.


They don’t have "really complicated" as a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.