Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Give Thanks With a Grateful Heart

Lately, I have had a very busy time at work. As a probation officer, you never, ever, get to complete any task without being interrupted. There’s always a client, a phone call, court, a boss, a co-worker, a new case, a phone call, mail, an angry client, a court appearance, an email, a phone call, an angry parent, or something that HAS to have your attention right then. This week, like most holiday weeks, has had it fair share of crises that needed my attention. And then I get home and the whirlwind of kids and mail and my new life take over until I collapse to watch TV3 10 o’clock weather and SportsCenter. Because of that I have not had time to look ahead to the coming weeks of insane shopping or the celebration of the birth of my Savior. BUT, I have also not had time to stop - right now - and appreciate what I have in my life. You know, for THANKSGIVING.

Right now - I am taking time to appreciate what I do have.

Healthy kids with smiles of gold and unlimited hugs, a mom that will do anything for me and does, a house that is standing, cars that work, a church that is on fire for the Lord and our community, new friends, old acquaintances and friends who are stepping up to help, memories, a job with real job security, freedom to say anything or go anywhere or worship anywhere/anytime, family (both mine and by marriage) who are there for me without question, completed Creative Memories albums, and the promise of the Cross.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, am thankful for many things this year and every year. I know that every day presents a new challenge and that the holiday season won't be any easier just because it's here. Please find comfort knowing that many of us are thankful that your family has touched ours in some lasting way. Cindy's legacy is one that all true Christians want to leave, and she did it. I am thankful for her impact on my life.

    Wishing you and the kids lots of love, comfort, and of course, food today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.