Saturday, November 29, 2008

Update on Family

It’s been a month now since Cindy passed away. Earlier today I explained to Amanda what being a widow(er) means. Later, she was playing with her new Barbies and said that one of them was a widow. Wonder what happened to Ken?

Thanksgiving night she prayed, "Dear Lord, I would say Happy Thanksgiving to mommy if she hadn’t died. So I hope you will tell her that." I cry most nights during her prayers. She continues to amaze me with her grasp of what has happened and what it means to her and our family. She still asks me if I am ever going to get married again. And then she informs me "probably not." Her birthday party at SI Bowl was really fun last week. She was a total princess for nearly 3 hours. She's 5??? She received scrapbooking materials from her class at school and wants to start a "Mommy and Me" book. (She is her mother's child!) I will be printing off a bunch of pictures of her and Cindy for the album so she can get started on it soon.

Luke is quite a bundle of energy and attitude. He is really on the verge of talking a lot. Like most boys his age (19mo) he’s all about fire engines, trucks, and noisy things. And, despite his hefty appearance, he still eats like a bird.

I am doing pretty well... considering. I am having a heck of a time putting my arms around finding a routine. I work well with a routine. Not having one is driving me crazy. Bed time is still a struggle with the kids, but I have help some nights. Amanda is really stepping up and becoming a big girl and a good helper.

We are continuing to receive condolence cards, food, and gifts. I thank each of you for whatever you have done for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on what I wrote. I value your input and the time you take to read my blog. If you want to write me something personal, email me at joehowerton111@gmail.com

Thanks.